Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Turbo" wrappers. Chapter 8. #58. Ford Mustang

Is it the legend?

This wrapper was really rare. I think it was one of these few I'd got in the end of collection. Wrapper gave strange feeling. The name Mustang told - "it's legendary American muscle car", but the car looks just like a big hatch... I remember as I thought "May be that's the mistake... There's no any feeling of power, no sportivity, nothing to be legend as it was claimed." This time I didn't know that the name is true.

 The plot "I've thought Mustang should be another"

The very first Mustang I've seen on the street was the similar one of the third generation. And in the same color. It was in the beginning of 90's. Then we had a lot of Mustangs of IV generation on the streets. But as I expected, only when I met the 1st generation car, I've understood what's the real car should have this name! 
Legend had lost its attributes up to third generation.


What about the car itself.

Turbo #58 presents the III generation Mustang after 1987 facelift. This car was called "aeronose" (after "foureyes" car before 1987). The car was built on the same Ford Fox Platform as the earlier mentioned Lincoln Continental. The presented technical data is correct for 5.0GT version (302 cu in Windsor model).
Mustang 5.0GT from Wikipedia
Some additional data for the car:
Length - 4,562 mm
Width - 1,755 mm
Height - 1,323 mm
Wiki picture presents T-Top body modification, also Mustang was produced as cabriolet.

No comments:

Post a Comment