Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Turbo" wrappers. Chapter 7. #57. Opel Omega.

Nice Omega.

This car was rather good known in USSR. It was one of the most popular cars from abroad in our roads then as its predecessor Record E. It's normal, that the car looks like modernized and smoothened record. So I feel it like that these days. Near 1990-91 my father bought '80 Record E1 and this way Omega became one of the clearest foreign cars. Anyway it was pleasant to see in on wrapper.


The plot "I've seen it yesterday" 

I remember the day I obtained it first time. It was '90 mid summer. I was spending the summer vacations at village with grandparents. Parents visited the village at their weekend. And they had always brought me Turbo. So when I got #57 I'd showed it to my father. Previously we had been thinking all the presented cars had turbocharger. But the Omega's characteristics were too poor for it. Father compared them with his GAZ 24-10 (2,45L - 100PS). He said "If Omega has Turbocharger... it's quiet weak turbo or something."
So Omega was just an ordinary car, even for us.

About the car itself.

The wrapper presents Opel Omega A (1986-1993) The Car of 1987. It's rear driven front engine vehicle with 2 body variants - sedan & combi. Techical data is unproper because it was combined of 2260cm3 that was taken from 2,3 diesel engine and 122PS that was taken from 2,0 injector engine. The 200 km/h speed probably the "about" data.
Omega from Wikipedia
Wiki also gives interesting data about pricing:
The cost of simplest Opel Omega GL 2.0i was
35,890 DM in Germany in 1993.


No comments:

Post a Comment