Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Turbo" wrappers. Chapter 4. #54. Jaguar XJ

Coolest Jaguar ever!

It was summer of 1990 and I was 9 years old when I had seen this wrapper first time. The only wish was to obtain it and I'd successfully bartered it for some other wrapper. #54 was rare one and I was really glad with the deal I had performed.
I was able to sit and look at it for a long time. I knew about the brand but I had never seen any Jaguar before.

The plot "That's real Jaguar!"

That's the first wrapper of the 2nd series with scripture "Ozel Yapim". In Turkish it means "Special Production" or "Custom made". But in 90s we didn't know this. We just know all the "Ozel Yapim" Turbo wrappers presenting strangest and sometimes coolest cars.

What about the car itself.

Wrapper displays the picture of Jaguar XJ III series  (1979–1992). Data corresponds the Jaguar V12 5,3 engine in 295hp configuration. And it's the motor that was in serial production. I think the presented model with enlarged wheel arches and wing has more spectacular characteristics.
Jaguar XJ series 3 from Wikipedia.
There was 3 possible engines for XJ:
6/3.4 - XJ6
6/4.2 - XJ6
V12/ 5.3 - XJ12 or DoubleSix

No comments:

Post a Comment